Service | Compassion | Education
Now in its 9th year, Jewish Family Service (JFS) is pleased to continue partnering with Texas Public Radio for their annual resource fair.
SAVE THE DATE:
THURSDAY, SEPT. 26, 2019
Silver Solutions is a resource fair that helps seniors gather information pertaining to their health, their living resources, their faculties, and their passions and independence. As members of our associated organizations, as children of seniors, we want to help elders in our community age in place and live life to its fullest! In addition, those of us who are working with our family members to help them research their options are seeing the need to put a plan together for ourselves.
The event features lots of vendors plus a series of presentations from local experts. See below for a ongoing list of this year’s vendors and educational presentations. Past topics have included Housing, Isolation, Fraud & Scams, Security for Smart Phones, Medication Management, and more.
Experts will also be available for attendees to Ask the Expert and have a one-on-one conversation on a variety of topics.
The event is held at the Campus of the San Antonio Jewish Community. This location is a centrally located, high-traffic venue with many active adults, seniors and families on campus daily. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to engage with the community at this event!
Silver Solutions is also made possible by Texas Public Radio, and their sponsors: AACOG’s Alamo Service Connection, K.T. Whitehead – Certified Elder Law Attorney, HealthTexas Medical Group, The Mission at Blue Skies of Texas, Freedom House at Blue Skies of Texas, the San Antonio Area Foundation, and WellMed Medical Management.
For questions or information about volunteer and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Tracy Hungate at 210-302-6954 or via email.
- AACOG’s Alamo Service Connection
- Academy of Learning in Retirement (ALIR)
- Affordable Health Insurance Agency (AHIA)
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Allwell from Superior Health Plan
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Amada Senior Care
- Amerigroup Medicare
- AVA: America’s Walking Club
- Avionn Home Health Care
- Barshop JCC
- Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- Brookdale Alamo Heights
- Caring Solutions
- Catholic Charities
- Clinical Trials of Texas
- Dub King
- En Su Casa Caregivers
- Falcon International Bank – Trust Division
- Freedom House at Blue Skies of Texas
- HealthTexas Medical Group
- Heart of Texas Hospice
- Independence Hill Retirement Community
- Low Vision Resource Center & Owl Radio
- Meals on Wheels San Antonio
- Medical Vein Clinic
- The Mission at Blue Skies of Texas
- Mission Homecare
- Normandy Terrace Healthcare & Rehab Center
- Northeast Senior Assistance
- Ohr Lanu Foundation
- Poet’s Walk Memory Care
- Porter Loring Mortuaries
- Project MEND
- San Antonio Jewish Senior Services (SAJSS)
- San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind
- San Antonio Oasis
- San Antonio Public Library
- San Antonio Visiting Angels
- Senior Helpers
- Senior Living Choices
- The Village at Incarnate Word
- WellMed Charitable Foundation Caregiver SOS
- WellMed Medical Management
- 10:30-11:00am | Scams & Cons | Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar
- 11:15-11:45am | Stress and the Relaxation Response | Dr. Venkat Srinivasan
- 12:00-12:30pm | AACOG
- 12:45-1:15pm | How to Keep Your Digestive System Moving | WellMed Medical Management
- 1:30-2:00pm | Benefits of Exercise on Aging Slowly | Dr. Timothy Kosmatka with HealthTexas
- 2:15-2:45pm | Caregiver Support & Senior Self-Care | Jewish Family Service
ASK THE EXPERTS
- Bertha Cruz, M.D.
- Ginny Funk – Alzheimer’s Association
- Kathie Jordan – Jewish Family Service
- Lisa Senteno – TX Dept of Family & Protective Services
- Paul J. Zambie – Texas Legal Services Center
Want to be a Vendor?
Are you an orgnization that offers resources or services to seniors, their families, and/or caregivers? Are you interested in getting your business in front of hundreds of people? Join our amazing list of vendors!
DEADLINE: Friday, August 30