Everyone involved with the San Antonio Mobile Mental Wellness Collaborative was excited in January when we learned that our project was a finalist for Philanthropitch San Antonio 2020, a fast-pitch competition for innovative nonprofits.
Talli Dolge, CEO of JFS (the lead agency of the Collaborative), spent hours working on the pitch script, finalizing program details and budgets, and meeting with business coaches.
Then COVID-19 happened.
The live event at the Tobin Center was cancelled and everything was put on hold so that Philanthropitch organizers, as well as each finalist, could regroup. Event organizers recently announced that the event would move forward virtually. Our nonprofit community needs your support more than ever.
Tune in beginning Monday, June 8 through Sunday, June 14 to watch the San Antonio Mobile Mental Wellness Collaborative pitch on the virtual Philanthropitch stage. The Collaborative is honored to be a finalist for this years’ Philanthropitch.
The sad part? We won’t get to feel your energy in the Tobin Center and pitch in person. The good part? You don’t have to be in San Antonio to participate.
Talli recently pre-recorded her pitch and answered questions from judges safely from her home. Please read below for information on how you can watch it, vote, donate and spread the word.
How will the virtual event work?
Virtual Philanthropitch San Antonio, presented by The Bank of San Antonio, will be June 8 through June 14.
- Virtual event attendees or audience may pre-register for the event at: [link]. In lieu of selling tickets, attendees are able to make a donation and receive a code to redeem for their pitch vote during the virtual event.
- Virtual attendees can tune in to watch Philanthropitch and place their vote any time from Monday, June 8 to Sunday, June 14. Each nonprofit finalist will present their 3 minute pitch, followed by judges’ question and answers, just like our in person events.
- In order to submit a vote for the finalist of their choice, event attendees must make a minimum $25 donation. As always, 100% of audience donations pass through directly to the nonprofit finalists.
- A pre-recorded broadcast of the awards ceremony will air live June 15 at 7 pm CDT. Tune in to find out who has the most votes, and how much funding each nonprofit will receive.
Event registration is now available. Event Registration Link If you purchased a ticket to the live event, you should receive an email from Philanthropitch with instructions.
How you can support the Collaborative
So, once again, this is your mission, if you choose to accept it:
- Go to Philanthropitch Virtual Event Registration and purchase a voting ticket.
- Watch the finalists pitches on-demand from June 8 – June 14.
- Vote for the San Antonio Mobile Mental Wellness Collaborative by June 14 at 12 pm CDT. All of the money from your ticket will be donated to our program.
- Tell all of your friends and family to do the same.
- Watch the award show June 15 at 7 pm CDT.
We are so excited for this event and all the opportunities that come along with getting our program this type of exposure. Thank you ahead of time for your support. Even if you are unable to donate and vote, please follow #4 above by sharing this information with everyone.
And a special shout out goes to Texas Creative for designing an impactful PowerPoint presentation to assist Talli during her pitch.
Philanthropitch is a social impact fast pitch competition helping innovative nonprofits scale and expand impact. To date, Philanthropitch has given over $1.3 million in donations to over 75 organizations. The capital Philanthropitch provides funds initiatives, programs or revenue models that aren’t typically covered by traditional grants. Nonprofits that pitch on the Philanthropitch stage not only gain access to capital, they receive 1:1 business coaching, pitch training and build awareness amongst new fans including donors, mentors and passionate volunteers.